I revisited Thorn on Tuesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

London Female

Über Member
So, last Friday I rang Thorn and told them I am unable to get comfortable on my bike. They made an appointment for me to return to them and make some adjustments.

I was advised the model I have, the Audax, is the only bike in their range which can not be fitted with flat bars but when I arrived they asked their designer to have a look. I left the bike with them and took my daughter into Bridgewater town centre to have some lunch and returned later to find they had fitted i with flat bars and bar ends. They gave my daughter one of their rohlofff bikes to use and let us go out for a ride, my daughter is not used to going far so I couldn't go out for too long.

Last night was my first club ride, about 18 miles, on the changed bike and It was like riding a different bike, much more comfortable. They gave me a further 100 days money back guarantee however, if last night was anything to go by I don't think I will need to return it. I haven't been able to go on any long rides yet, I'm still breaking in a leather saddle but I am much happier and think I could have many good years use out of this bike. Still not loving the look of the spacers but, I can live with that and actually when I was there on Tuesday, you are right it is a feature of their bikes. I don't know why it is when I am in their showroom I look at their bikes and think how lovely they are and don't notice the spacers but when I look at mine all I see are the spacers :wacko:. I am looking forward to planning a short tour..

numbnuts

Legendary Member
When I ordered my Club Tour I told then to leave the fork as they are and I will cut it down to suit me, that was 29,000 ago it's till the same as it was out of the box with all the spacers.

OP
OP
London Female

London Female

Über Member
When I ordered my Club Tour I told then to leave the fork as they are and I will cut it down to suit me, that was 29,000 ago it's till the same as it was out of the box with all the spacers.

I don't think I will be changing mine either, it feels comfortable to ride now although do I still need to do a long ride on it to see how that feels. After experiencing how miserable it is to ride a bike which is not comfortable I don't want to risk that again.

Top Bottom