I rode with Lance Armstrong today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
threebikesmcginty said:
count me in on the 'we hate renard' sub-thread :biggrin:

Shall we start a poll? ;)

Hollyhillian

Love him or hate him ,he does make cycling interesting to people who might not find it so otherwise.
Also good to see someone recover from serious illness and go on to great things.

gavintc

Guru
An interesting point. I believe that there is far greater discussion about cycling this summer in my office. The Lance in Paisley story has definitely generated a degree of interest. People are asking me what he is doing next etc. I think it started just before Le Tour.

Lance is an enigma. There are some deep concerns with regard to his past successes and was he clean or not. But, he does seem to develop a level of media interest that I think no other rider riding today achieves. I think Cycling needs and benefits from this type of media attention. So, I will place him as a positive influence.

gavintc said:
An interesting point. I believe that there is far greater discussion about cycling this summer in my office. The Lance in Paisley story has definitely generated a degree of interest. People are asking me what he is doing next etc. I think it started just before Le Tour.

Lance is an enigma. There are some deep concerns with regard to his past successes and was he clean or not. But, he does seem to develop a level of media interest that I think no other rider riding today achieves. I think Cycling needs and benefits from this type of media attention. So, I will place him as a positive influence.

He is one of the most tested sportsmen in history and never once failed a test. I have even heard it mentioned that cancer treatment had given him an unfair advantage. What a crock of shite.
He may not have a great personality and is certainly arogant but theres no denying he was/is a fantastic cyclist and certainly injected some interest into the tour this year.
If he had been riding near me I would certainly have gone along.

U

User169

Picked up in the Dutch press today.

Apparently he caused a "wirwar" which is basically a "kerfuffle" (I think)!

Hollyhillian

No denying the arrogance but you don't get to be World Champion without being arrogant.

Schumaker
Ali

I'm sure you can add to the list..

Top Bottom