I suffer in silence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I found that last year during the heat wave darn sarf, if I marinated (for want of a better word) myself in Diprobase moisturiser the night before, adding some again in the morning, along with standard sun cream (to be applied normally throughout the day), then I didn't get burned nearly as much as I otherwise would have (I usually only have to think of the sun and I turn bright red, sun cream or not!), and as such I actually remained a remotely normal colour!!

Of course, you have to rub it in to make sure it isn't all shiny when you are wandering about.

I presume that because my skin was already moisturised, that helped prevent it getting cooked so readily.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cyclists everywhere are suffering in silence.... Including me... Bloody sun :whistle::sun:
You people don't know what sun is!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just looked in the mirror and found a red line on my shoulder/collarbone only an inch wide where I obviously missed a bit (on both sides!!), still I guess it shows the sunscreen elsewhere was working! I was trying out that P20 stuff but I might go back and buy another bottle but the spray version. It's on offer at Lloyds chemists at the moment £12/13 for the larger bottle and under £7 for the smaller bottle.

Top Bottom