I trust we've all seen this.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeT

Not seen it, thanks for pointing it out.

yenrod

Its pretty obvious at times it just doesnt look like him but when they're all sitting in the romm at the end and all the yellow jersey's: that the dead set giveaways !

Though LA here has a slight beard that sets him apart from his usual shaven look !

Also notice on the downhill when he's in front and really going for it - they are trying to keep up.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User76 said:
Right, I'm off to practice those skiddy slides on my fixie:biggrin:

Does anyone have any tips on doing them, apart from booking a dentist appointment and practising them in a hospital car-park:wacko:

Lean forward, have a decent grip and just lock your leg at the right time. I tend to pull up with my right leg to get the skid going then lock my left leg to keep it skidding.
Not tried the leg over the bars skid yet, not sure how to get it started first off.
Easier with clipless IMO

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User76 said:
No offence like, but if you need an example of how not to teach someone something, then thats it! If someone does not know how to do something, how on earth are they going to know when it's the right time:rolleyes:

Well you experiment:wacko:
Your leg obviousely has to be at a place on the pedal stroke where you can get enough leverage. About 2 o'clock for me for the right leg. If its too high its hard to hold, too low and its hard to hold.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
to do skids on a fixie is a case of shifting your weight forward to take weight of the back wheel thus allowing easy lock up. Its a whole lot easier when clipped in as well, practice, practice.

Top Bottom