I want to post (courier) a bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a cycle that I will be putting on flea bay soon, and prefer to offer delivery (UK only) as well as collect in person. I’m in South Yorks. I’ve had a quick look online but can anyone recommend a company ?

bobg

Über Member
I have a cycle that I will be putting on flea bay soon, and prefer to offer delivery (UK only) as well as collect in person. I’m in South Yorks. I’ve had a quick look online but can anyone recommend a company ?

I just pop mine into the local Post Office and it goes "Standard Parcels" Never had a problem with size or weight etc.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The Post Office has a Parcelforce option for the larger items. I use Parcelforce 48 - which gets there plenty quick enough.

You might want to box the two wheels separately to the man body of the bike and just tell the PO counter staff that they are going to the same destination.

There is a PO cost finder - so you can work out the price to charge.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
parcel monkey are also good to use they ship via city link the same as paisley frieght . there website is reeaallyy reeaallyy slow to use though so be warned

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Try Send it Now it's a portal and arranges pick up and delivery of stuff using top name shippers like Parcel Force and City Link but at cheaper rates. Don't know how they do it but it's worked well for me and sending a bike cost me all of £11.

I`ve just been up to Halfords and got a box & spacer (as adviced here) :thumbsup:

There are a few suggestion here to go at. I`ll try to get everything in the box and then see what the weight is, then get some quotes.

I think the price with couriers is determined by the destination generally, and that could make it a little difficult
to state an accurate postage cost on ebay not knowing where the winning bidder will be from. Royal mail parcels will be a fixed price. Paisley Freight seems to be fixed too-£21 on their website.

EDIT: Send it now seems cheap.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I
EDIT: Send it now seems cheap.

Send it now is cheap.

That's why I recommended the service.....

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are thousands of nearly empty trucks and vans racing around Britain's roads. Use your imagination; ring round a few local freight companies and I'm sure you'll get a good rate.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
There are thousands of nearly empty trucks and vans racing around Britain's roads. Use your imagination; ring round a few local freight companies and I'm sure you'll get a good rate.

Bit hit and miss though G, makes organising the delivery destination a bit stressful once the bike's sold.

bobg

Über Member
OK Bobg, i can get a quote from the PO. Did you have to box it up or anything. What sort of price did you pay?

I think the last one I sent was about £16. Suppose I'm influenced cos my PO is about 5 mins away and I dont have to wait in for couriers to arrive plus some have length and width limitations. My LBS sends bikes by a trade courier a couple of times a week and he's quite happy to include my occasional sales too... so if you have a local friendly shop, that's another possible option. Good luck with it
BTW re insurance cover, the lady who runs the local PO said that its no point insuring an item for the price you sell it for on E Bay cos they will not recognise that value. Maybe someone else can expand on that as I've never had to claim??

Top Bottom