I was just about managing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

3rd gear sat down up a hill...

..I'd just started from some lights and i looked to the left and i noticed a (BIG dogs) bark from behind a fence and a couple walking suddenly BOTH moved sideways away from the fence...

All you could see at the base of the fence was some paws excitedly jumping around !!!!

It WAS VERY VERY VERY ;) :thumbsup: :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've done 10mph to 20 mph in a second or two on a 42 x 19 on Birtles Hill near Chelford in Cheshire.... blooming big dog chasing me and a mate up the hill, near the top - he (mate not dog) legged it back down the hill.... fortunately it's long dead now if you are passing.... over 10 years back..

PS what's 3rd gear... ? :smile::biggrin:

I was on a bike tour in Donegal last year. On this day it was those hill that rose sharply then leveled out for 20 or 30 m then steepened up again. The hill repeated this sequence several times. At the top of one of the climbs just as I went to rest, a dog came flying at my ankles, I recovered fast and got up the next hill pretty quick :smile:. A similar thing happened the next day. Luckily on the 3rd day, I'd stopped to take a photo so I wasn't at the front and the dog that day chased somebody else.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

fossyant said:
PS what's 3rd gear... ? :smile::biggrin:

3rd gear to me is 42x19...

Keith Oates said:
Do you think we could start up a new training method by getting big dogs to chase people up hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would definately shift us all.

girofan

If you want to improve your sprint come to Shropshire. Every farmer around here seems to have trained their dogs to attack cyclists.
I am now thinking of taking on Chris Hoy as doing ten all-out sprints every time I ride out has made me fancy my chances!! :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Melvil

I've attached tiny little whistles onto my spokes so that they emit a really high pitched sound that only dogs hear and it scares them away...*

*NOT...If only it was that simple! But could be a profitable idea?

Top Bottom