I Went Batty this Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I got home from my ride this morning, showered then went into the study to turn on the 'puter as usual. However as I went through the door, I spotted this little guy fast asleep on top of the net curtain:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/thevelvetcurtain/Bat1.jpg

Cute or what?

There is an air vent in the room, he must have squeezed through instead of resting up under the barge boards like his mates. Given that there was no way he could find his way back out I cupped him up and placed him in some climbing Ivy on a south facing wall, hopefully he will sort himself out tonight having dozed through the whole adventure.

Milo

Guru
Face eating bats cute?
:wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lovely shot! Not on the velvet curtain though?:wacko:

I had a dunnock in the front room today although far from asleep. I managed to get the frantic little thing safely out.

longers

Legendary Member
Excellent :biggrin:. Even though you shouldn't do it, I've been lucky enough to handle a few bats (doing mainly as you did - moving them to safety).
For ugly little buggers they're very cute.

wafflycat

Very cute indeed. The grounds of Chez Wafflycat get bats zooming around of an evening. There's a stream at the end of the garden & they seem to pick off any flying insects above the stream. I enjoy going out there at dusk 7 watching them.

Have to be careful with bats though. Did it bite or scratch you TVC?

Plax

Guru
OMG, I'd have freaked and made my dad or bf come and remove it. I still have nightmares over the time one skimmed over my head.

OP
OP
T

TVC

wafflycat said:
Have to be careful with bats though. Did it bite or scratch you TVC?

No, he snoozed through the whole thing. I checked the Ivy this morning and no sign of him, so lets hope he got back to his normal roost.

Top Bottom