I Wonder How Much It Will Sell For???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a stupid dumb automatic?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
[QUOTE 5003211, member: 259"]The Rolls Royce Garage near us has the McLaren servicing concession and you occasionally see one on a flat bed trailer outside, waiting to be seen to and surrounded by lots of swooning small boys and a fair few swooning middle-aged men. I've only very rarely seen them on the road though.[/QUOTE]
F1s are always maintained by the factory - the lesser stuff gets maintained by Kwik Fit et al :okay:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Let's have a rethink in 10 years, I have been around this trade to think values stay down.
Do you really think that this car will treble in value over the next decade?

Only the very top end (like this and a very few others) has continued to rise, but at a slower rate over the last 12-18 months. The lesser classics' value is already sliding - certainly not selling.

Feels crashy to me and many others.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How many bikes can you fit in it?

Hence my valuation.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you really think that this car will treble in value over the next decade?
Maybe not over the next decade but with the onset of electric power these cars are going to go up in value, it is a rare car now, in the future when it's £100 per litre of fuel only the rich who care about status will own them.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Maybe not over the next decade but with the onset of electric power these cars are going to go up in value, it is a rare car now, in the future when it's £100 per litre of fuel only the rich who care about status will own them.
Agree about the overall trajectory for the very top end - the subtext of my point was that many people took a bath the last time the classic car market crashed. Simply saying one sold a car that trebled in value in a decade doesn't mean that this is sustainable going forward. Given the market growth over the last decade, many people did that, including on lesser marques as the top end values trickled down. That's at an end.

What's the phrase about past performance not being a guide?

Top Bottom