Ibis Mojo HD?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mburton1993

Über Member
My Cousin is looking for a new (2nd hand bike) and has messaged me with one he might get:

bikes.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/760096378564983

https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/past-models/mojo-hd

He wanted my opinion on it but I said I know frig all about that kind of bike.

I am curious though, is this a good example of that sort of bike, is it well priced and are there any alternatives (£1000 price cap)?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My advice would be to leave well alone.

Sharky

Guru
What's the expected usage?
To me it looks like on over complicated bit of machinery, with suspension and heavy tyres. You've got to be planning to ride on some seriously rough roads to justify it. And that's if it all still works. I guess the bike could be 10 years old, so seems a bit pricey for that age, but I don't know what similar bikes are fetching.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At first look I thought it was a BSO but on further investigation there appears to quite a following for the brand.
I still stand but my advice as the bike is rather old so he should get it checked over. Carbon is notoriously prone to damage especially on a mountain bike. The hinge might be worn too.
I'm no expert on full sqishers so someone might be able to offer better advice.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
What's the expected usage?
To me it looks like on over complicated bit of machinery, with suspension and heavy tyres. You've got to be planning to ride on some seriously rough roads to justify it. And that's if it all still works. I guess the bike could be 10 years old, so seems a bit pricey for that age, but I don't know what similar bikes are fetching.

Usage would be reactional probably once a week or less, nothing competitive.

It would be a reintroduction to that bike type he had one in 2016/7 for a few months then sold it, has only recently got back into cycling an old single suspension mountain bike.

I thought it looked quite complicated too.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
At first look I thought it was a BSO but on further investigation there appears to quite a following for the brand.
I still stand but my advice as the bike is rather old so he should get it checked over. Carbon is notoriously prone to damage especially on a mountain bike. The hinge might be worn too.
I'm no expert on full sqishers so someone might be able to offer better advice.

Oh yes I'd forgotten about the carbon, and it's a safe bet none of the miles it's done have been easy ones. Cheers

Jody

Stubborn git
Nice bike and at that money you'd probably get back more than it costs for breaking it.

Just make sure everything works as it should and there are no odd knocks/creaks/squeaks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bit OTT for recreational stuff. Its a trail bike. Ideal for smashing it up and down mountains and trail centres but not for mucking about on.

Needs a thorough check as suspension costs £100 each end for a basic service. Also needs checking its not stolen. Very nice older bike (26er). Probably worth the money, but a potential money pit if its not been looked after (suspension pivot bearings too).

Full suspension bikes need regular maintenance.

Its worth the money if it's been looked after.

There is some rubbish spouted above. It does need a thorough going over by someone who knows about MTB's not this lot above.

Top Bottom