Ideas for 2014 local rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Treated myself to a Garmin Edge 200, pleased with it but I would have liked GR read out. I am chuffed with Garmin Connect and wished I had founded it when I was doing a lot of walking. Using Memory Map I drew a line 25 mile due North, South East and West from our house and put down a marker and then tried to find a road route to each of the markers. Nice exercise but impractical for a days ride. North finished on top of Geordies Hill (by Hermatage water), West was in the middle of the Solway Firth , South was on a hill on the South side of Ulswater and East on the Moors above Allendale None of them was less than 40 miles out ward bound. Now modified this to 10 miles and so far have a nice circular (oval?) Northern route of around 30 miles and am working on the other three.
Parameters I have set out 1) Get to the closest point to the 10-25 mile mark as possible (2) Use only roads (no tracks) (3) It has to be a circular (Oval) rout, to be completed in one day's ride. I may allow myself to use a train for the return leg (East route).

Admins, can we get a geographical fix added to this thread title? Otherwise, I'll just get too excited. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom