Identify this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Prag

The lady selling this bike is unable to tell me anything about it, other than "the tires need air."
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 9.02.17 PM.png

I've searched and searched, but can't identify the exact model. Can anyone help? Bonus points for the year.

Much thanks.

S-Express

Similar to an older model Enduro FSR, but I'm not actually convinced that is even a Specialized frame...

OP
OP
P

Prag

It also has "s-works" markings, though I guess those could be just be decals too. I've looked through at last a couple hundred images and I can't find a matching bike. The rear vertical shock, along with the way the pivot swing arm extends is unlike anything else I can find.

It's a little bit of drive for me to go check it out. But I really have no idea how else to identify it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have no idea about identifying the bike or knowledge of big suspension forks.... but the line from the handlebars to the wheel doesn't look completely straight to me..(both in the length and also slightly twisted between the handlebars and the front axle in the wheel).. maybe it's the photo but it just looks slightly odd to me there?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not sure if it's my eye, but are those forks very slightly bent below the lower yoke?

Edit - I think they are. Holding the edge of a sheet of paper in line with the forks between the yokes and the lower section is slightly out of line. Leaving aside questions over its identity and provenance, that alone would have me running to the hills.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll stick my neck out and say its a fake. Did you ever see a S Works with untidy cabling like that? The forks don't look like they originally came with the bike.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
If the vendor can't tell you owt about it then that is a warning sign that it may be nicked.

OP
OP
P

Prag

This character likes to spread it around it seems

This reads as unnecessarily ominous. I'm hardly a "character" and I'm not certain what you think I'm spreading around. Nor am I the same guy that posted in the other thread, if that's what you're implying. He probably just saw the same Craigslist ad and was also curious.

My best guess is that the bike is a Specialized Pitch, maybe circa 2009. Regardless, the bike is no longer for sale.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its not a pitch, though I can well see where you're coming from. Wrong suspension linkage, pivot point is too low relative to the crossbar, rear stays are different.

Top Bottom