Ikea bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
But of course!
smile.gif

*cough* commission, free bike, pint, packet of pork scratchings, etc., etc...

subaqua

What’s the point
Fletpecktekkihomi

that sounds more Serth Effricenn ;)

Fiona N

Veteran
A bit closer to home - I saw a man transporting a fridge on a cargo tricycle in Hazel Grove last week.

The trike caught my eye as it was quite an unusual lay-out (IME) as the rider sat beside the cargo which was located in the sort of side-car position. So two wheels in line with ride atop and third wheel outboard with load bay in between, if you see what I mean. I wasn't quick enough to get the camera/phone out but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows what this beast was.

Arch

Married to Night Train
A bit closer to home - I saw a man transporting a fridge on a cargo tricycle in Hazel Grove last week.

The trike caught my eye as it was quite an unusual lay-out (IME) as the rider sat beside the cargo which was located in the sort of side-car position. So two wheels in line with ride atop and third wheel outboard with load bay in between, if you see what I mean. I wasn't quick enough to get the camera/phone out but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows what this beast was.

How spooky. A friend of mine was saying yesterday that he'd come up with an idea to design a trike like that! I'd be interested to know if it's a production model or a home build...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and I wouldn't want a small compartment for the meatballs. I'd FILL it with meatballs!

The name, BTW, would need to conform to the IKEA system, as listed here from Wikipedia:

• Upholstered furniture, coffee tables, rattan furniture, bookshelves, media storage, doorknobs: Swedish placenames
  • Beds, wardrobes, hall furniture: Norwegian place names
  • Dining tables and chairs: Finnish place names
  • Bookcase ranges: Occupations
  • Bathroom articles: Scandinavian lakes, rivers and bays
  • Kitchens: grammatical terms, sometimes also other names
  • Chairs, desks: men's names
  • Fabrics, curtains: women's names
  • Garden furniture: Swedish islands
  • Carpets: Danish place names
  • Lighting: terms from music, chemistry, meteorology, measures, weights, seasons, months, days, boats, nautical terms
  • Bedlinen, bed covers, pillows/cushions: flowers, plants, precious stones
  • Children's items: mammals, birds, adjectives
  • Curtain accessories: mathematical and geometrical terms
  • Kitchen utensils: foreign words, spices, herbs, fish, mushrooms, fruits or berries, functional descriptions
  • Boxes, wall decoration, pictures and frames, clocks: colloquial expressions, also Swedish place names
No idea which category it would go in though. Boxes, sort of, and maybe chairs if you stretch the definition.

How spooky. A friend of mine was saying yesterday that he'd come up with an idea to design a trike like that! I'd be interested to know if it's a production model or a home build...

There are a few how to make a bicycle side car articles available on the net My link and here My link and there is at least one commercial bicycle side car available from Italy (sorry, I don't have either pictures or link for this one.).

Top Bottom