I'm a forced commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goffins

I've always owned a bike but only for off roading and the odd day out with mates. About 3 years ago my car blew a bottom end bearing and I didn't have the cash to fix so I started riding my MTB to work.

It was REALLY hard going and I was happy a year later to buy myself a motorbike.

Then I found out my partner was pregnant, ditched the motorbike, bought an Alfa Romeo and only the other day after spending about £1500 on MOT work it slipped a cambelt and ballsed the engine.

So 3 years on and I said screw it, my partner has a car and I'm going to do this commute thing properly, bought myself a Bianchi Nirone, all the cycle clobber and started commuting on Saturday this week.

The difference is marked, I can lazily thrash my old best time on the MTB and I'm already looking at ways to extend my meager 6 Mile commute where as on the MTB I was simply happy for it to be over.

I'm a balls to the wall kinda rider, if my heads not spinning and the sweat pouring off my face I'm not pushing hard enough:wacko:

But it's early days and the weather has been clement yet windy, give me a couple of months and I might hate it, although I'm already falling in love with the bike.

Sorry for the essay.

Tharg2007

Veteran
you will love it and not want to go back.

btw £1500 for MOT is a bit much, I pay £45 for mine

Shaun

Founder
The problem you've got now is the weather.

It can only get better from here on in; in a few months time it'll be lighter for longer, warmer, less windy, and flippin' great for cycling in.

Not much of a disincentive really ... :sad:

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

(Oh, and welcome :angry:)

Top Bottom