I'm not the first and won't be the last!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tofer

Anyone in the Leeds area who sees a

2006 Grey Metallic/Blue graphics Giant SCR2 Kitted out with:
Ultegra Triple 6500 Group set
10 speed12-27 cassette
KMC Silver SL Chain
White Head Badge
Blue 700x23C Schwalbe Lugano, on black Aksiums
Blue cinelli bar tape,
Top Peak pump mounted on seat tube,
Blue Leather Selle Italia saddle,
SKS ESGE Full silver Mudguards, +mudflaps
Polar CS 200CAD cadence and speed sensors
Black rear rack
Shimano deep drop brakes
Cinelli Checkpoint mounting
Black specialized underseat tool pack

Not your average SCR 2... Mine was stolen from Leeds City College two weeks ago, do me a favour report it to the police, no better still saw it in half the police won't do anything I just hate the thought of someone charging around on a great bike they have absolutely no right to ride

colly

Re member eR
Hi tofor,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the bike being pinched:sad:

I'll keep an eye out for all the good it will do. I hope you have another bike to get about on.

OP
OP
tofer

tofer

Thanks, I've a nice Bob Jackson but thats just for sunny days, i'm in the process of refurbing a 1991 Ridgeback MTB and converting to 700c set up, Ellis Briggs doing the paint so when its done it'll look pretty sweet for a clunker.

Right now no job no bike, tho' the better news the insurance co have been really understanding and are replacing with a 2010 Kona Sutra. Almost too nice for a winter ride.

Hard to know how best to secure the wheels from now on, have bought £130 worth of Abus in the hope lightning don't strike twice.

e-rider

crappy member
put a Kryptonite M18 with your Abus and it should be fine in most cases.

ParkerInternational are selling them with 40% off, so that's £60 reduced from £100.

Armegatron

tofer said:
Hard to know how best to secure the wheels from now on, have bought £130 worth of Abus in the hope lightning don't strike twice.

Would be interesting to know what locks were being used when the bike was stolen, as Im looking at buying a 2nd lock to compliment my Abus Cable (Centuro I think) Lock - would you be able to tell us please?

OP
OP
tofer

tofer

I had a Kryptonite Cable style with key as it was reccomended to me by the retailer. I now read subsequently that this style is for low to moderate crime areas. DOH!
My replacement bike will be secured with Granit CityChain X-Plus 1060 (their top lock) supported by Abus steel cable to loop round the wheels. Weighty solution but what other option do you have....Bus or walk.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
If you look on LFGSS there's a sticky thread with loads of info on locks and how to lock properly. Cables and chains tend to get a low rating, unless of course you're prepared to carry around a chain that weighs as much as you:biggrin:

Top Bottom