I'm off to Belgium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
.....early tomorrow morning. I'm not camping this time or cooking therefore and I could get all the stuff I need in 1 pannier if I had to. It makes a big difference and I'll be able to wash and dry kit overnight in the hotels. Leaves a bit of room to bring back some beer and chocolate!

Crankarm

Guru
Belgium

Nice one. Where are you heading in Belgium and for how long?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Crankarm said:
Nice one. Where are you heading in Belgium and for how long?

A 6 day tour of Flanders with Ghent, Bruges and Ypres (Ieper) on the itinerary. Plenty of tissues for the visits to the war cemeteries and museums may be in order. I've heard that they play the Last Post at 8pm in Ieper every evening.

NickC

They do (though I'm not sure about the time each evening) - and it's quite moving. And the area's quite atmospheric, too, if you have an imagination. Easy cycling too. Enjoy your trip.

rich p said:
A 6 day tour of Flanders with Ghent, Bruges and Ypres (Ieper) on the itinerary. Plenty of tissues for the visits to the war cemeteries and museums may be in order. I've heard that they play the Last Post at 8pm in Ieper every evening.

Sounds like a great few days. In Bruges, try and escape the main tourist area some of the quiet back streets are amazing, a cliche but it really is like going back in time, a quick trip along the side of one of the canals to Damme is recommended. Not too many hills but pray you don't hit a headwind, you'll soon find out why Flemish cyclists are so tough. :smile:

Top Bottom