....I'm off to sunny Spain, y viva España!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Yippee, as mentioned in my other thread I am flying to Malaga Monday morning, then out from Faro next Saturday evening.

I am looking for tips about the route, or any other tips for that area. I speak Spanish fluently so no probs on that front I hope, and plan to camp, possibly wild as there seem to be few sites inland,

The rough route looks like to head to Ronda, then north west to Sevilla, then west to Huelva and along the coast. Once I get to doing detailed planning I may head north west from Huelva and loop round to Faro inland.

Sounds like a good trip!

Watch out for the drivers in Portugal! They are the worst I have ever experienced, anywhere! And I was in a car; can't imagine what it's like on two wheels!

But don't let that put you off! :blush:

Have fun!

andym

Über Member
I've been researching campsites for a tour next year - the results may be of some use. My Google Map is here.

So far as I can see from those places with websites, single rooms in small hotels and pensiones can be surprisingly reasonably-priced - sometimes in the twentysomething euros when you're off the tourist track. Not quite the bargain it would have been last year but still surprisingly reasonable.

Of course there are always youth hostels eg:

http://www.inturjoven.com/

Anthony

Hi Jay, good luck with your tour. Rhonda is a must. If your heading over to Seville I would suggest taking a visit to the town of Carmona. It's a lovely town. I don't know about campsites but wild camping will be easy, I've been through that area myself and had no problems finding a place to pitch the tent.

Top Bottom