I'm Quite Relieved....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham O

that I need the car at work today. Woken at 5 by thunder, lightning and heavy hail. By 8, there was an inch of wet snow at home and it was one of those very cold and damp mornings.

I hope that even if I hadn't needed the car, I would have still used it, but I'm sure I would have been tempted to cycle. I must be mad!

Absolutely beautiful cycling weather here in Glasgow. Cold, sunny and hardly any wind. Not only that but the drivers are all being extra nice. I hope it never ends...:girl:

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I cycle in to work whatever the weather - even if it is heavy snow and it means I have to push my bike most of the way!

(Not much heavy snow in the centre of Birmingham though)

I know that the first time I say - the weather is too bad to cycle - will be the last time I am a regular cyclist - after that it'll be any little excuse. I have no discipline!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
Absolutely beautiful cycling weather here in Glasgow. Cold, sunny and hardly any wind. Not only that but the drivers are all being extra nice. I hope it never ends...:biggrin:

One of those lovely, crisp winter mornings that makes it all worthwhile. There were fewer driver on the road this morning on my route - probably all tucked up in bed not wanting to get up and go out in the cold :smile:

I'm looking forward to your first film of the winter driver, tearing erratically along the road with only a tiny strip of cleared windscreen to peer through !!

OP
OP
G

Graham O

But now I'm regretting the car. The snow has stopped and the sun has come out. Clear blue skies and beautiful cycling conditions. Oh well, at least my girlfriend is cooking tea tonight :biggrin:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I have'nt got a car, so my choice is between the Road bike or the mtb, I might choose the latter tomorrow, as the forecast is for rain tonight and then turning freezing, Pull a few extra layers on in the morning and grit my teeth. More risk of falling off from now on so might try and set off a bit earlier so that I can go slower.:biggrin:

dudi

goo_mason said:
One of those lovely, crisp winter mornings that makes it all worthwhile. There were fewer driver on the road this morning on my route - probably all tucked up in bed not wanting to get up and go out in the cold :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to your first film of the winter driver, tearing erratically along the road with only a tiny strip of cleared windscreen to peer through !!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that really enjoys the cold bright mornings in winter... Possibly enjoy them just as much as a warm bright spring afternoon...
It's glorious here at the moment. bright sunshine and only 1 degree.
Can't wait to get out!

dudi

djtheglove said:
I have'nt got a car, so my choice is between the Road bike or the mtb, I might choose the latter tomorrow, as the forecast is for rain tonight and then turning freezing, Pull a few extra layers on in the morning and grit my teeth. More risk of falling off from now on so might try and set off a bit earlier so that I can go slower.:biggrin:

I've got 3 choices:
- Cycle in (right into the foyer at work)
- Drive in and pay £4.00 or so for parking (and still have a 10 minute walk to the office)
- Get the bus in at a total cost of £3.40, involves standing around at the bus stop waiting for god knows how long (and given that i'd have decided not to cycle, the weather really must be pretty bad)

Not suprisingly, I cycle in every single day, no matter what the weather. Unless I'm injured. like last week. that was crap. and cost me £17!! just to get to work!!!

Top Bottom