I'm settling my claim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well,

After 3 and a half years, finally got a part 36 offer, and I have decided to accept as I am sick of the stress of medical and legal reports etc etc. Part 36's have to be 'reasonable' - part of the code introduced some years back.

It's not bad, and more than I thought, so this will sort it out. No new £6k 'SUPER BIKE' :sad:, but will clear any debts and give us a nice holiday next year ^_^ (this year's is booked and we are there soon). This just means I can move on. Barrister has indicated it could be much more, but it's going to be a battle, and I've had enough.:tired:

Time to move on. Feel relieved actually. Could stick it out for another 8 months till court, but not worth it. The offer is reasonable.

Plus side, my shoulder is less painful - passed the 12 month mark after the decompression op. a few months back - anyone says 3-6 months and fully healed lies - it's 12 months at least if active. I still have nerve pain in my arm, but I can deal with it. Physio says shoulder mechanically great. I still have some myofacial pain, but the injections in Feb have really helped, and I don't think the added stress helps the situation.

Well, onwards and upwards. Not a process I would wish to repeat. :thumbsup:

Next challenge is Jenkins Chapel on 39 x 24 - this is the ONLY hill that has ever beat me. ^_^

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

PS I shall now be putting my real name back on Strava, and going for the BIG climbs. WATCH OUT ! :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
I can understand where you're coming from. The whole process is so so drawn out,( perhaps deliberately so, to wear the injured party down), i can imagine it can become 'tedious' at the very least.
I settled mine very quickly, but TBF i had no injuries as such, even so i just want to get on with life, not get bogged down with it all.
You've won, thats the important thing, if you're happy with the outcome...nuff said.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good for you Foss - I am really glad that there's a resolution. I can totally understand what you're saying re repeated medicals etc.

Here's to a new chapter and a fresh start.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I can understand where you're coming from. The whole process is so so drawn out,( perhaps deliberately so, to wear the injured party down), i can imagine it can become 'tedious' at the very least.
I settled mine very quickly, but TBF i had no injuries as such, even so i just want to get on with life, not get bogged down with it all.
You've won, thats the important thing, if you're happy with the outcome...nuff said.

I think you hit the nail on hte head as i think they draw it out in the hope that people settle for less than they could get if they managed to deal with all the stress and time .

Glad your happy with the outcome !

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Quite, then when I get the cheque, I shall write a letter to the driver's address. Hopefully she will still be there ?

I.e Drive more carefully. Legal said the driver knows nothing about the case ! Now't to stop me writing a little polite letter - it will be nothing nasty. :thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Quite, then when I get the cheque, I shall write a letter to the driver's address. Hopefully she will still be there ?

I.e Drive more carefully. Legal said the driver knows nothing about the case ! Now't to stop me writing a little polite letter - it will be nothing nasty. :thumbsup:
I think you should not bother with the letter , i would let the book close as the driver might see red and start shoot stirring.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I have some permanent issues - i.e. my arm 'burns' all the time. The physio can make it worse when she 'explores' the ways that it get's caused. :wacko: Key issues after a 'bang' are your posture. My physio really fixed my back mobility after my operation - made a massive difference in a few sessions. I.e. you can twist your spine right round whilst riding to see the whole road behind.... wow..that was a real wow :thumbsup:

Mechanically, I hope it will be much better shortly, as the 'improvement' has been very slow (if you are an active person) - you get to the great stage a few weeks post op - yay I can ride but the - OMG this really hurts stuff that us cyclists just ride through... takes 12 months plus. I think us cyclists are nutters. We must have some silly pain threshold. :wacko: - Normal to me as I've cycled all my life.

I think couch potatoes need sorting out.

This is the time to cut it. :cheers: PHEW !!!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I think you should not bother with the letter , i would let the book close as the driver might see red and start shoot stirring.

You are right - still angry about it though.

Top Bottom