I'm tempted but ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alien8

Senior Moment
I received a nice invite to the 2012 Cycletta events today and I'm very tempted by the "free post event pamper zone which includes a helmet hair remedy centre, mini manicure and massage to ease those sore muscles - all for free!"

However, I'm not so sure of the bargainous nature of £42 for 40km or £46 for 80km.

And will the fact that it's Mr Alien8 be a problem?

e-rider

crappy member
That sounds expensive for a bike ride, and yes, they are for females only!

I guess they have fewer riders than a normal event which pushes the price up. Amazing what women will pay to avoid cycling with men!

LouiseL

However, I'm not so sure of the bargainous nature of £42 for 40km or £46 for 80km.
OMG that's outrageous! The last pay to enter ride I did was a 200K audax and it cost me £4 in total and that included 3 free feeds! (Ok-The usual price for this is around £8 so this was an exceptionally cheap one- but a great ride nonetheless).

Why would you even consider doing such a ride? I guess you are paying for the "free" junk that goes with it. I can just about see the justification for a free massage. Some people may have sore legs afterwards and a massage is a nice touch for those people who need it, but a manicure?? I know I'm not a girly girl but I don't think that sort of thing does womens cycling any favours at all. IMO they would be better off reducing the entry fee and charging extra for the add-ons at the end to those who actually wanted it. It would likely still cost more than I would pay though.

It's a real shame because I applaud the sentiment behind it of easing more women into cycling by giving them riding opportunities which are perceived to be more gentle and non -threatening than going out with a bunch of experienced riders where you could well be the only female. I just think it's a complete rip-off!

Top Bottom