Immigration in Australia.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
In a recent survey, Australians were asked if there were too many immigrants in Australia:

11%: NO

17%: YES

72%: اردو فونٹس تصویری شکل میں زیل میں دیے گئے ہی۔ یہ تمام ٹرو ٹائپ اردو فونٹس ہیں آپ ان کو ڈاؤن لوڈً کر کے اَپنے کمپیوٹر پر انسٹال کر سکتے ہیں۔

gratts

Hehe ;)

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
walker said:
HA HA, but I'm afraid to say there's more Brits here than anything else

It's a good job too. Imagine the mess you'd be in if it weren't for the steadying influence of your elders and betters.

It was Noah who created Australia by lobbing all the dung from the animals overboard during his time on the ark and it stayed there for hundreds of years until Captain Cook discovered it.

cchapman

I think the aborigines, the worlds oldest continuous culture, immigrated from Asia - all descendants of the original Eve.
btw Capt Cook, brilliant seaman though he was, didn't "discover" it. The Dutch were there earlier and La Perouse was there at the same time as Cook - in fact neither were particularly interested in the land but Cook had been instructed to claim the land, even though Britain didn't have any use for it.
Then as fortune would have it the American War of Independance occurred, Britain had a mad king on the throne and the folly of losing America ensued (ref Barbara Tuchman - The March of Folly), so in 1788 the First fleet set out - and the rest is Australian History.
Now increasing Australia's "older and betters" are of Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern, European, and even American background.
They have little use for England, except for nostalgia - Enid Blyton and that sort of thing.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Can't you tek joak?

Maz

Guru
PaulB said:
72%: اردو فونٹس تصویری شکل میں زیل میں دیے گئے ہی۔ یہ تمام ٹرو ٹائپ اردو فونٹس ہیں آپ ان کو ڈاؤن لوڈً کر کے اَپنے کمپیوٹر پر انسٹال کر سکتے ہیں۔
I'm pretty sure this is Urdu. I can read some of it.

Maz

Guru
cchapman said:
Tell us what is says Maz, then we might all enjoy a joke at someone else's expense.
Yeah, it says something about a place name, but the transliteration is awkward...sounds something like Colon, Collon, Colnay (?) and that people from this place are like a female part of the anatomy.

Anyway, it must be a joke of some sort. Probably.

Top Bottom