Improvise and save money.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
we all know that cycling clothes can be expensive so why not modify your existing long cycling trousers to make them more comfortable? This is what I did last night to turn my long trousers into bib trousers without the expense. I bought a pair of elasticated braces for £3, cut off the metal fasteners on the three ends and after adjusting the lenght, I nicely asked my wife to saw them on with her sawing machine.
I went out for a 23 miles ride this morning and they work a treat. I put the braces over my base layer to avoid friction on my shoulders. I am so pleased with the results that I am going to do the same with my cycling shorts

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I nicely asked my wife to saw them on with her sawing machine.
You've obviously got the extra, extra, EXTRA tough and durable trousers :thumbsup:

darth vadar

Über Member
we all know that cycling clothes can be expensive so why not modify your existing long cycling trousers to make them more comfortable? This is what I did last night to turn my long trousers into bib trousers without the expense. I bought a pair of elasticated braces for £3, cut off the metal fasteners on the three ends and after adjusting the lenght, I nicely asked my wife to saw them on with her sawing machine.
I went out for a 23 miles ride this morning and they work a treat. I put the braces over my base layer to avoid friction on my shoulders. I am so pleased with the results that I am going to do the same with my cycling shorts

Sounds like a 'Top Tip' letter to Viz

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've in the past unpicked the high viz reflective strips off old high viz vests that i've collected from various jobs over the years, and sewn them onto cycling jerseys that i like but consider not safe enough for twilight/night time riding. You can even cut the strips into little bits, or even maybe artistic shapes that'll look good on anything you want to either sew or stick onto!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom