In Praise of..... Acros (component manufacturer, headsets and other stuff)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
I have recently had a very pleasing interaction with this German company. They replied to my email enquires promptly and helpfully, and in the end sent a couple of items for the price of one so I could see which will actually fit my bike.

The detail is the crown race had bent when being removed from my forks, and the LBS replaced it with the crown race I'd supplied (which was from my spares bin, it'd come with another headset for my old bike.) Unfortunately it was a mm or two taller than the original Acros one which left a gap betwixt fork and headset which would also allow water and muck in more easily. After much hunting on the internet I found one US supplier of the part who didn't have any or know when they'd be getting any. Further investigation showed that Acros actually have two 1 1/8" crown races. I contacted the bikes manufacturers who didn't have a spare, so contacted Acros directly. They said they'd happily sell me the part, and sent an order form (as the online webshop on their site only works for germans.).I emailed back to ask which of the two versions I'd need, and as neither I nor they were sure they simply offered to throw the second one in free of charge. Now I know I will definitely have the correct crown race. It's a small thing really, but has made me feel quite satisfied.

Top Bottom