Indicators?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Dangerous.

As a driver I wouldn't be looking for an indicator on a bike; assuming I did see them I would probably just take them for a rear light.

skmc1955

the first thing I noticed was "front and rear units not 100% waterproof"... not a lot of good here then!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
RedBike said:
The pedals look like a good idea.
http://www.beseenonabike.com/shopuk/product_info.php?products_id=348

It's just a shame there's not a good quality clipless model.

At the moment my clipless pedals (like so many other models) dont even have reflectors.
That is the link to the top clips. The pedals are http://www.beseenonabike.com/shopuk/product_info.php?cPath=69_46&products_id=200
I wonder how they are always white at front and red at rear.

They have a cheaper set

OP
OP
P

Pip

To be brutally honest, hand signals are what drivers expect, thats if they're looking for anything.
Dangerous.

As a driver I wouldn't be looking for an indicator on a bike; assuming I did see them I would probably just take them for a rear light.

This is my thinking. The only reason I found them is that I saw a cyclist using some the other day (I was driving at the time) and was intrigued as to how the heck a bike had indicators on it!

Generally speaking, I think the thought process required of a driver to accept something 'out of the norm,' in the case of some drivers will simply serve as a distraction rather than anything useful.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Cannot really see the point of those and they look naff as well

wafflycat

They are an overdone solution to a problem that's already been solved. As others have said - motorists look for hand signals. Reflective wrist/ankle band cost very, very little and you don't have to worry about waterproofing, batteries, weight...

As regards the pedals... *if* these are the ones I saw at the bike show last year - they do not guarantee the red light to be at the back & the white to the front - you so can end up with a red light at the front and a white at the back. Not only potentially dangerous, but IIRC, illegal too.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I would also doubt if a puny little battery operated light would even show up on a bright day, leaving you blissfully unaware that your turn signal was invisible to everyone else as you moved across the line of traffic.

Top Bottom