Indoor trainer app - distance recording etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bencran

Hi guys,

does anyone know of any apps which can record speed/distance apart from zwift etc.

I have a turbo trainer and a speed sensor and just want to record my workouts on my phone.

Any help would be great!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Wahoo have an app, or you could use RGT (the free version) and have some interaction too

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

It’s a dumb Kurt Kinetic and I have a Bluetooth speed sensor.

Just seems odd that there isn’t an app which records speed/distance on a trainer without an 3rd party watch or cycle computer.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Three have been mentioned in this thread already? Zwift, RGT, Wahoo.

I think RideWithGPS now supports indoor rides but haven’t tried it.

The elephant in the room here is that there is no speed or distance to measure. Any recordings of indoor rides this way will never be directly comparable to outdoor rides.

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

I was looking for something to quantify my indoor training rather than hopping on and following GCN videos with no way of reviewing anything.

I’m not particularly looking for a game/VR type of app, but did want simple info like speed, distance, HR, time etc. Much like you’d get from a run on a treadmill.

Thanks for your recommendations. I’ll check out RidewithGPS and I’ve seen an app called cadence which looks particularly good.

Garmin watch can record indoor cycling. Ok you'll just get HR unless you have extra kit - but average HR, max HR and intensity would be a good starting point.

Power meter pedals bought and that would be tracked too.

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

Thanks. I think I should probably dig out my Fenix 5 and use that! Not particularly easy to see the screen though.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Top Bottom