Inner tubes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My smaller seat packs obviously only contain essentials. The biggest space is taken by a spare (decathlon) 700×23 inner tube. Are these made in more 'packable' options or are they pretty much all the same? Neil :biggrin:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
IMO, the more packable alternative to a spare tube is this...

puncture%20repair%20025%20%28300x200%29.jpg

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Lightweight tubes take up less space, the Planet X ones are dirt cheap, I also carry a tiny box of BBB self adhesive patches. I wouldn't go out without a tube though in case you have a blowout a patch can't fix.

400bhp

Guru
Take a pic of your tube. If it's come straight out of the box they can be packed smaller, by rolling them up rather than folding.

zacklaws

Guru
What seat pack is it? one mans small can be another mans large and vice versa. In my small packs, Fizik and Topeak, I can squeeze in 2 innertubes, repair kit, 3 levers and 2 spare CO2 cartridges.

OP
OP
Lien Sdrawde

Lien Sdrawde

Über Member
Wow, rolled it up and that's helped quite a bit (maybe 15% extra space) - thanks :thumbsup:
Its a 0.4L bag so not big, though I have a good choice of sizes, but I used to pack everything but the kitchen sink in the bigger bags and now seem to be moving towards travelling light.
I too had the fizik small bag and was pleasantly surprised what went in it, but a change of saddle made it redundant.
Thanks for the tips.

Top Bottom