INNER TUBES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Quick question.....

I currently have 32*700 tyres on my bike. I want to change them for some 25*700... Can I keep the same inner tubes or will I need smaller ones?

Thanks
L4dva

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Cheers, not spending an extra £10 or so on new tubes has helped me justify my need to spend money on things that aren't broken on my bike, but id like to upgrade anyways just to help me go faster, or think im going faster anyways lol

jimboalee

User3143 said:
No, for that a 700cc innertube will fit any width of road tyre.

Not strictly true.

If you put a 28-42 tube in a 25 or less tyre, there is risk the tube will be creased inside the tyre.

If you use 18-28 tubes in 32 or 37 width tyres, they will stretch, but remember a puncture repair patch doesn't stretch as much as a tube and when you've got a patch on the tube, the inner tube RIGHT NEXT to the patch will stretch more than the rest of the tube AND you might have a weakened inner tube from the sandpapering.

Small chance of innertube failure, but a chance all the same.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
That what I was worried about the tube creasing in side the tyre and getting pinch flats as a result or somrthing like that.

I think I may just take the plunge and get some correctly sized inners aswell just to be on the safe side. Can any one recomend some cheap decent ones or are they all pretty much the same??

Top Bottom