Inside of the knees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm getting soreness and dumb ache on the inside of both knees after using my excercise bike - been using it for about 10mths with no problems - but the last few aches the have been achey and sore after a 30min session

any help appreciated

ps i dont get it after using both my roadie and hybrid

Blue

Legendary Member
You didn't happen to reach your 50th birthday just before you started to notice this problem, did you? It was around my 50th birthday that my knees reached their 'use by' date!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

no - i'm only 35 - started with my right knee first and now progressing to my left knee too, but not as bad

its more a dull muscley ache than pain - its just annoying really - doesnt hurt when i'm training, but it starts to hurt a few hours later

OP
OP
J

jowwy

i'm also using running trainers when i train indoors - could this be causing a problem as the soles could be too soft???

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I shouldn't think so, loads of runners use their running shoes in the gym. I was once told I had small Bakers Cyst because of back of knee pain but probably not in your case, even though you are mid thirties. :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
I would say it is more likely down to position, by that I do not mean where in the house the machine is.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

yeh vickster - its only just started happening after 10months - so its hard to put a finger on what the problem is.....roll on the spring

Blue

Legendary Member
i'm also using running trainers when i train indoors - could this be causing a problem as the soles could be too soft???

If you use stiff soled cycling shoes with cleats when outdoors then the use of trainers indoors could definitely be the problem as your feet will flex and move around in a way that they aren't used to and pain will result.

Blue

Legendary Member
I shouldn't think so, loads of runners use their running shoes in the gym. I was once told I had small Bakers Cyst because of back of knee pain but probably not in your case, even though you are mid thirties. :smile:

Fine if that's what your used to - a recipe for pain if you aren't.

Top Bottom