instant justice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gemsno4

My husband has a great commute on wide quiet roads and through a park. Just one bit where he has to cross a main road where there is a joint pedestrian and cycle crossing light. He reckons more than 1/2 the time drivers don't stop.

So last night he gets to it, presses the button and it immediately goes to amber. The car at least 30m back puts his foot down and sails through the red. He gets flashed by the camera, starts looking in the mirror to see why and immediately gets flashed again by the speed camera on the other side of the light.

Bet he was cursing the bloody cyclist

Chappy

Guru
Ha Ha Ha serves him right

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Add to the instant justice by getting your husband to complain to the police about how he felt threatened by the driving, and explain about the cameras, hey ho, a section 59 warning too.

simon_brooke

downfader said:
I thought a majority were now connected to a mainframe digitally?

Indeed. Thy're all digital these days and so there is literally no film in the camera (and nowhere to put film in the camera).

We're not living in the dark ages, you know.

simon_brooke said:
Indeed. Thy're all digital these days and so there is literally no film in the camera (and nowhere to put film in the camera).

We're not living in the dark ages, you know.

Ah - this explains something I'd been puzzling about. There's a camera on my commute and until recently I often used to see a van parked up next to it and a guy on a small stepladder opening it up and fiddling with the insides - presumably changing the film? The camera's still there, but haven't seen the technician for ages. Maybe it's digital now?

Top Bottom