Insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teesside Cyclist

After been knocked off my bike "hit and run" no injury though just a bent wheel. I decided to get a camera set-up. I've had the cameras for about 6 months now had all sorts of abuse. I've had to give a statement in the recent weeks of a taxi driver nearly knocked me off from behind I was forced to put my foot on his headlight encase I went underneath his wheels. His taxi licence is now been reviewed, He was already going to a committee about his taxi licence on a more serious incident.

Also I've started campaigning of the cycle safety in Teesside. The North East of England seems to be in the stone ages compared to the likes of the south. Take a look at the "Cycling infrastructure of Teesside" section on my youtube channel, It'll make you laugh at some of the cycle paths / lanes. We even have a cycle safety officer for Middlesbrough council personally he should be sacked.

One day I will organise a "critical mass" North east style like the ones that happen in London, Need to build up awareness first!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpkBasl9iAXSxpxAPq13Tew

Regards.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
The local taxi drivers seem friendly

ste.pearson

Formerly known as stevieP
yes i would agree they only seem to be playing at it in the boro,there are some areas of teesside where the cycle lanes are good coulby,ingelby and stockton to a certain degree but hell yeah more needs to be done

snorri

Legendary Member
Is there no campaign group in Teesside you could join?
Might be worth asking around as a group is likely to have more success than a few individuals asking for different things, but good luck anyway:thumbsup:.

Top Bottom