Interactive graphic showing London’s cyclist deaths in 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I can't see the current government putting in the billions required to make a system like the Dutch have, not even if a cyclist was killed everyday. 10 people are killed on UK roads everyday (on average) and nobody seems to care much about that!

Buddfox

Veteran
I can't see the current government putting in the billions required to make a system like the Dutch have, not even if a cyclist was killed everyday. 10 people are killed on UK roads everyday (on average) and nobody seems to care much about that!

I think the difference is (a) cyclists do care (I agree, car drivers don't care about the ten / day) and (b) cyclists are vocal and visible in front of politicians, which means change can be affected, certainly in London

Crankarm

Guru
I think the difference is (a) cyclists do care (I agree, car drivers don't care about the ten / day) and (b) cyclists are vocal and visible in front of politicians, which means change can be affected, certainly in London

Only if Boris is kicked out and Ken gets back in.

Buddfox

Veteran
[QUOTE 2770532, member: 9609"]It isn't just London that needs help, even including the horrors of the past week in London (and my heart truly goes out to those involved) On a pro rata to population basis this year, you're 50% more likely to be killed in Scotland than in London, If we done pro rata by cyclist I guess in would be many multiples times more dangerous to be on a bike in Scotland.[/quote]

Sure, I just think in London where there are more cyclists per head and a directly elected Mayor who needs to be seen to respond, there is a greater chance of Dutch style infrastructure being brought in.

Top Bottom