Interesting Morning

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Had a ride out to Ye Old Pound Cafe at Henley In Arden this morning and for the first time in about three years I was clipless. About three years ago I put SPD's on my Dawes and went clipless. At the time I didn't like them, couldn't get on with them and didn't get any advantage from using them, so after using them for the summer I got rid of them and went back to toeclips. Last week when I ordered my new bike I ordered new pedals
http://www.highonbikes.com/drivetrain/pedals-clipless-mtb/time-z-freeride-mtb-clipless-pedals.html and shoes, the pedals and shoes arrived Saturday, the new bike is due in a couple of days so I bolted the pedals onto my Dawes and set up the cleats and took the opportunity to try them out. First impressions are good, the bigger platform is more comfortable and they are easier to get in and out of, I'm still not sure about them but they seem a lot better than the SPD's.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Had a ride out to Ye Old Pound Cafe at Henley In Arden this morning and for the first time in about three years I was clipless. About three years ago I put SPD's on my Dawes and went clipless. At the time I didn't like them, couldn't get on with them and didn't get any advantage from using them, so after using them for the summer I got rid of them and went back to toeclips. Last week when I ordered my new bike I ordered new pedals
http://www.highonbik...ess-pedals.html and shoes, the pedals and shoes arrived Saturday, the new bike is due in a couple of days so I bolted the pedals onto my Dawes and set up the cleats and took the opportunity to try them out. First impressions are good, the bigger platform is more comfortable and they are easier to get in and out of, I'm still not sure about them but they seem a lot better than the SPD's.

Yes, I hired an MTB in the Alps that had SPD/flattie pedals and I rather liked them. Not enough to bother changing my own but good, nonetheless.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Aagh. Kaspersky says that site is trying to download trojans.

???? strange, it seems a legitimate online bike shop, it was the first time I've used that shop and I'm on Ubuntu and firefox and don't run an antivirus

Top Bottom