Internet Shopping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolvesandy

I didn't know where to post this
On the 18th November I ordered some Sole footbeds off a company through the internet, on the 20th November the company debited the money from my bank account. On the 25th I still hadn't received anything so I gave the company a ring and was told my goods were despatched on the 24th November 1st class recorded delivery and gave me a tracking number. I logged onto the post office website and tried the tracking number which was coming up that it was unable to confirm the status of the item.
I caught the postman the next day and asked what I should do to try and locate the goods, he gave me a phone number of my local sorting office, I gave them a ring and was told that the tracking number I'd been given was not on the post office system and probably had not been posted yet and advised me to get back in touch with the sender to double check if it had been posted.
I rang said company and informed the guy on the phone what the post office had told me and he launched straight into aggressive mode and said I was calling him a liar and also started swearing at me :rolleyes: I said look mate I don't like being sweared at and put the phone down on him.
Here I am now on the 2nd December still with no goods and £35 lighter, the tracking number still says unable to confirm status and I don't really know what to do next, any idea's??

gratts

What's the website?

gratts

You're only covered by credit card on purchases over £100, so that wouldn't be of use anyway..
I'm guessing you didn't pay by debit card via paypal?
If not there isn't a lot you can do except wait and see!

Care to name the website?
That way other people can take note not to use it so the same doesn't happen to them unless the situation is resolved!

gratts

thats not true

Yes, it is.

"Consumer Credit Act 1974 – Section 75
...Where goods or services have been paid for using a form of credit, i.e. a credit card or a credit agreement arranged by the trader, you may have an equal liability claim against the credit firm under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 provided the contract amount is over £100 but less than £30,000."

why the big interest? Will YOU not using them make that much of a difference?
Why the attitude? I don't see what problem it is for the OP to name the website. Maybe someone will have used it before and will be able to give some input, maybe it will help stop someone else getting scammed.
Either way I don't see the problem.

Sure there is more action the OP can take, but for such a small amount it's more hassle than its worth (e.g small claims court) unless it's out of principle, which I guess is understandable.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
No attitude. I just think its better to be helpful.

Andy wants to know what he can do. I would start by writing to the company outlining they have not complied with the DSR regs, and request a refund. if they do not comply then threaten them with legal action. It may only be for a £30, but the shop will get their name dragged through the court and have to pay costs.
Problem will get solved.

Better than just flaming a company on the net. :cursing:

OP
OP
Wolvesandy

Wolvesandy

I wrote to the company on the 3rd December, cancelling the order and asking for a full refund, I also stated that if I had not received my money back in 14 days that I would make a claim against them to recover my money.
Since then I've heard nothing and not received my money back either, so it looks like small claims court :biggrin:

The company in question is 0800sports

On a better note, I ordered the same product from a company called Return2fitness on the 2nd December and received them the next day.

Top Bottom