Introduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pope

Regular
Hello and nice to internet meet you all.

I'm a beginner to all of this cycling lark, so go easy on me if I have questions which you might find daft!

I got my bike 3 weeks ago, for keeping fit purposes rather than commuting. It's a Carrera Crossfire hybrid bike, which I've been riding around the Huddersfield area...where I live.

My username is just a nickname, I'm not actually religious...though sometimes I do pray for hills to level out!

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome:

OP
OP
Pope

Pope

Regular
Welcome @Pope

Whereabouts in Huudersfield are you? It's my home town too :okay:

Hi Buck,

Thanks for the welcome.

I live on Quarmby Road, near the Field Head pub if you know it...not far from Salendine Nook.

I must confess, Huddersfield isn't my home town. I'm from Manchester, I moved to Huddersfield last year.

Whereabouts are you from.

OP
OP
Pope

Pope

Regular
Hi

Yes, I know whereabouts you are. My family used to live th eother side of New Hey Road!
I now live the other side of Holmfirth so not a million miles away.

Look out for local rides if you are interested
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/cyclechat-and-recreational-rides.47/

@ColinJ organised one out of Hebden Bridge recently. It was a bit challenging (i.e. hilly) but really enjoyable and a great day out.

I know a little bit of Holmfirth, my cousin (a keen cyclist by the name of Andy Jackson) used to live there. I remember going for a very nice meal at a restaurant in Holmfirth...no idea what it's called but the food and service were excellent.

Thanks for the links to the local rides, I'll keep an eye out.

Hyslop

Veteran

andyfraser

Über Member
Don't worry about asking daft questions. I still ask them after a life time of cycling (with a couple of breaks) and over 2 years here.

Hello and nice to internet meet you all.

I'm a beginner to all of this cycling lark, so go easy on me if I have questions which you might find daft!

I got my bike 3 weeks ago, for keeping fit purposes rather than commuting. It's a Carrera Crossfire hybrid bike, which I've been riding around the Huddersfield area...where I live.

My username is just a nickname, I'm not actually religious...though sometimes I do pray for hills to level out!
I need divine intervention on some hill climbs. Edited cause i forgot to add:welcome:

Top Bottom