Is Avast still the best 'free' anti-virus software?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Firefox has an in built easily accessible password list so I have never seen the need for anything else

i run firefox with the only issue being for some reason it doesnt like some webpages especially those with a video you want to watch that appears blank. edit before the dodgy sites chatter im talking cycling news etc :smile:

crossfire

#cyberknight you are correct, Defender is switched off when others are used. Like I said I am paranoid, and every Monday morning run Avast, Malwarebytes, and Avast Cleanup, as well as a scan from Defender - just to make sure. Defender is available for what it calls "periodic scans" in the Update and Security menu. It only takes about 30 mins on my setup for all this, (Dell Inspiron 3881) I also run Dell`s Support Assist and update once a month, like someone once said "to be sure, to be sure"

Alex321

Veteran
Firefox has an in built easily accessible password list so I have never seen the need for anything else

Most browsers do, but when you want to access the same sites from different machines (maybe not all running the same browser), a third party app such as lastpass makes it easier IME.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I just use LINUX (smirk)

My experience of Linux is that it is a virus.

Top Bottom