Is honesty the best policy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
A friend has linked to a page on Facebook for a LBS (not one I'd recommend it has to be said)
They are advertising the bike I bought for my daughter last Christmas and at almost double what I paid for it, stating it is suitable for 5-8 year olds. My daughter is a fairly petite 7 and has all but outgrown hers already.
I commented to this end, but have deleted it - would you tell people your honest opinion or is it wrong as this is a local chap trying to earn a living??

Depends if he is trying to earn a living by providing misleading information and over charging for something

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I looked online and you can buy the bike from £69 - £119, he's asking £95 for one.
It's not a particularly good bike, I wouldn't buy another one.

ASC1951

Guru
I commented to this end, but have deleted it - would you tell people your honest opinion or is it wrong as this is a local chap trying to earn a living??
I think you are right to delete the comment, especially since it is a friend's link. I would keep it deleted. If someone asks you direct, fair enough, give them a personal reply with your views. But you aren't the world's policewoman.

It's like For Sale in Classifieds on this forum. People may think that an item is overpriced, or wrongly sized, or not worth having, but they keep that to themselves unless they are actually negotiating with the seller.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thats a tough shout , at least it hasnt got your name on it

Top Bottom