Is it suddenly springtime?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The frost doesn't seem to think it is

Especially the frost on my helmet and gloves that I left on the garden bench last night :ohmy:

But.....bicycles. EVERYWHERE! Where have they all come from?

At the moment, I usually only see 2 or 3, not 2 or 3 in every ASL

On the downside, brushed by a white convertible Audi who decided it was MY fault that we caught every red light. My "fault" for moving over for the right filter lane just a little too early I suppose.

It got to the next red light quicker anyway so I guess it's occupant would have to find someone else to blame for the rest of the journey

Davidc

Guru
Refugees from the filling stations?

I've noticed it too. Can't get a bike parking space anywhere, but there are car spaces where there used to be none.

It won't last. Never does.

Stephenite

Membå
Not here it's not. Another 5 inches of snow fell last night. Still, today it's beautiful blue skies and plus degrees in the sun :becool:

Interestingly, there have been more people out on their bikes this winter than any i've known before. Last winter it seemed i was the only one :ph34r: Probably due to a lot more snow last year.

Bornagaincyclist

Refugees from the filling stations?

I've noticed it too. Can't get a bike parking space anywhere, but there are car spaces where there used to be none.

It won't last. Never does.

Don't be to sure of that - there are a lot of us skint people out there
Some of us also want to get fit again too
I am now a proper commuter as I have a lock for a cycle shed/box/thingy at work now!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Definitely seems like the fitness/lifestyle aspect is catching on. I'm also noticing a lot of runners and joggers out. Numbers don't seem to be decreasing since Xmas and the new years resolutions......

Davidc

Guru
Don't be to sure of that - there are a lot of us skint people out there
Some of us also want to get fit again too
I am now a proper commuter as I have a lock for a cycle shed/box/thingy at work now!

I'd love to see it last. I'd love to see people get the towns and cities and countryside back from the motor vehicle.

Trouble is that with the UKs car culture the moment times get better most go straight back to their cars. I'll believe things have changed when we have improving economic times and an increase in bike use happening together.

Definitely here. Saw my first snowdrops yesterday... today they're everywhere! Without the wind yesterday, the ride home was positively pleasant and today I was seriously thinking of wearing a thinner jersey. Happy days

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Definitely here. Saw my first snowdrops yesterday... today they're everywhere! Without the wind yesterday, the ride home was positively pleasant and today I was seriously thinking of wearing a thinner jersey. Happy days

The last 2 days have been great down south too. On some winter days it's nice to be out on the bike despite the weather. These last two days it's just been great to be out because of the weather - and even better on a bike.

Oh, and I saw a bumble bee today, my first of the year! I hope for their sakes that winter isn't just pretending it's spring.

Top Bottom