Is this a reasonable/reliable brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hgjules

Hgjules

Also forgot to say, how much difference does an inch make to the frame?! All my research says I at 5'5 need a 17inch frame but this and a few others i've seen are 18'.

simon.r

Person
I'm not familiar with the brand, but it looks like a fairly basic specification.

Without wanting to be too negative there will be some downsides - it'll be heavy and the basic components will probably not work as well as better ones (for example, the wheels probably won't roll as easily as ones built on better quality hubs). I'd want to check that everything works before parting with any cash. Does the seatpost adjust up and down / do the brakes work / do they need new blocks or cables / are the wheels true? etc etc. You could end up spending as much as it costs (or more) on new bits if it's not in serviceable condition.

On the positive side, if it works and you can get it cheaply enough it'll do the job.

Regarding size, I'd strongly recommend trying it and seeing if it feels right. One manufacturers 18" can equal another's 17". You also need to be comfortable with how far away the handlebars are, the saddle position and so on.

Norm

Regarding size, I'd strongly recommend trying it and seeing if it feels right. One manufacturers 18" can equal another's 17". You also need to be comfortable with how far away the handlebars are, the saddle position and so on.
Indeed, I don't think that any amount of research that can tell you definitively across all manufacturers whether you need a 17" or 18" frame.

I don't know anything about the bike but, if it goes for under £40, I doubt it will be anything other than a good match for your requirements.

festival

Über Member
Agree with whats already been said.
Based on what you have said, a short journey will not challenge you or the bike to much but also check the tyres. If they are cracked they will need to be replaced and cost you at least £25 to replace them, plus cost of fitting & maybe new tubes.
It doesn't take much to turn a bargain 2nd hand bike into a big waste of money.

Top Bottom