Is this bike any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Clipless - depends on what sort of riding and use the bike is intended for? Commuting,general duties .... Might be better to avoid clipless so you can wear any shoes.
Saddle - give the original saddle a couple of weeks and a couple of hundred miles before deciding if an expensive replacement is required. I have found most hybrid saddles to be comfortable. Maybe look at buying some padded shorts or underpants?

I only want a Brooke's saddle to compliment the look of the bike. That's why i had chrome and leather clips fitted. I'm going through a bit of retro period!;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've never fancied clip pedals, for racing then yes.

I'd never use any other saddle than a [sprung] Brooks (B67). Both my touring bike & 26" town bike has one. For short tours then padded shorts are ok but on longer ones they're not too hygenic, especially in humid countries. A sprung saddle dampens the load of the heavy bit [the rider] minimising fatigue / stress on frame & wheels but with the advantage of little to go wrong, unlike with a suspension system.

Accy cyclist, Where are you touring?
Is this the one? http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=Cfx5UJ_yD8W90QXq24HwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CFYQ8gIwBA. I'm not going touring Yellow i want the bike for simply general use and for more sedate rides than i end up doing on my Scott road bike. Though i have often thought about joining Blackburn CTC,maybe i might just do so, now that i have the club requirements mudguards.;)

Crankarm

Guru
Is this the one? http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=les;&cp=10&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=brooks saddles&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=35277026&ion=1&biw=800&bih=485&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17737179177251294307&sa=X&ei=Cfx5UJ_yD8W90QXq24HwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CFYQ8gIwBA. I'm not going touring Yellow i want the bike for simply general use and for more sedate rides than i end up doing on my Scott road bike. Though i have often thought about joining Blackburn CTC,maybe i might just do so, now that i have the club requirements mudguards.;)

You'll probably need plus fours and a tweed waistcoat and cap as well ;).

Yellow7

Über Member
Yes Accy cyclist, that's the sort, not sure if that's a B67 but same style.

Crankarm, you forgot to include a smoking pipe, and the Sunday Times!

Top Bottom