Is this bike worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
It's a nice old bike. An early Canondale with cantilever brakes. The very early ones had a 24" rear wheel I seem to remember.

LX was good stuff. You need to find out how worn the kit is. Those forks, I'm thinking Indys were elastomer insides? That could be tricky to replace. You would want to know there was life left in the rims as well.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Firstly hello and welcome to the forum.

The bike is 21 speed not 27 as stated. I can only go by UK prices but there it would go for about a third of that price. One of our US members would be better qualified to answer, @Gravity Aided if you could advise. The Drive Train looks quite worn from what I can see, which brings us to another point, you have to consider what it might cost you getting it into shape which can be substantial if it’s had a fair bit of use.

I’m sure you could do much better if you’re looking for a vintage mountain bike. Have a look at RJ The Bike Guy’s channel on YouTube. He’s in the US and turns up some great bargains.

View: https://youtu.be/zHolb86fCAM

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
The quill stem alone says it's pre dinosaur age and whilst that design of headset isn't a bad one, it does bring into question how knackered the drivetrain is.

Top Bottom