Is this in good taste, I doubt it now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alves

So I got this new alloy/carbon frame in all black, no logos.
Quite cool I thought and then I couldn't resist tinkering and in protest at the usual glances my bike got from other roadies, I designed a sticker (on zazzle.com) for the downtube which was a sort of thumbing the nose at all those folk with more expensive bikes.
The first shot shows the naked other side of the downtube unadorned.
jpg.gif

the other shows the side with the sticker
jpg.gif

It's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek but comes out pretty in-your-face!
Does it work?
Be brutally honest:blush:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I'd say not, but I don't mean that in a nasty way, I just feel it would be more at home on a clarty old hack where the irony would be much more obvious.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The typeface looks wrong for the bike to me - as said above, better on a hack than the good bike.

One of the local fixie riders whose bike I see from time to time has a sticker reading "hipster" on his bike, which I hope is ironic...

gratts

I think it'd mildly amusing.
Though I think it would have been better to hype the bike up with a really crudely designed sticker.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I like it:laugh:
I would love some on my bikes, i ride with people on pretty expensive bikes though, and would just point the sticker out when im riding next to them on their full carbon things:tongue::laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well...your gonna get scalped with a sticker like that......:sad: and you've got a Triple on there !!!!!!!:evil:

I remember riding from Birmingham to Evesham and back a few years ago. About five miles from home we decided to stop for a beer. When we wheeled our bikes (my old Galaxy and my mate's rather nice elderly Claud Butler audax bike) into the beer garden we noticed a very shiny curly Hetchins leaning up against a table. As soon as we approached, the bloke leapt up and said "steady on lads! Keep that crap away from the Ultimate Bike!" (You could hear the capital letters.) I mean, what a cock.
When he asked how far we'd cycled and we said "Birmingham", you could see him getting ready to look down his nose at us, until we added "via Evesham", whereupon he busied himself with his beer.;)

Top Bottom