Is this year another one-off..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I confidently predict the UK will be rained upon again.

barq

It really isn't a good summer. What highlights it for me is that I share an office with one of those people who says "isn't it a loverly day" even when it quite clearly is not. I'm all for positivity, but this is plain delusional.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Yesterday was one of those rare days when it rained, heavily mind, from around 7:00 am and it was still going at 2:00 am this morning. The sun is shining intermittently now though. I suspect that SW Germany now weighs a lot more than it did two days ago and that there is a shortage of cats and dogs in the area.

Is this year another one-off!

Well given that it keeps on happening I'm going to say that it is now the norm for the UK.

ChrisKH

Guru
User1314 said:
Every year we have an eight day hols in Dorset, by the Seaside. Same place we go to. Diferent week, though, ranging from late June to late August. This was our sixth year in a row. And it only ever rains one day of the week where we go in the Summer.

Then I think you're lucky. I had last week off and it rained off and on every day. I'm usually a very positive person but apart from two/three weeks in late May/early June when I was abroad anyway the weather has been shite. This year has been a bummer. I only want a bit of sun at the weekends and a nice breeze - I have also been monitoring the wind (as a nice tailwind home makes 40 miles tolerable) and it has been variably windy, well, forever. The only time I noticed there was no wind recently was during the downpour on Monday. Here's to an Indian summer. Please.

gbb

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Every year we have an eight day hols in Dorset, by the Seaside. Same place we go to. Diferent week, though, ranging from late June to late August. This was our sixth year in a row. And it only ever rains one day of the week where we go in the Summer.

Like you crock..we holidayed in Weymouth for maybe 8 of the last 11 years (although havnt been for 3 years now)...always in the 1st or 2nd week in August...and have always been blessed with good weather.

I seem to remember watching a report on TV late last year....they predicted a poor or cool summer for the UK. They were spot on :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
It does seem to have been a miserable couple of summers, but two years in a row don't necessarily mean too much, I guess.

The rain I can cope with, but it seems to have been actually COLD sometimes, which seems wrong for August.

Certainly seems quite waterlogged around here and the river is up, although not actually over the top last time I saw it..

Graham O

While yesterday's morning commute was a wet one, it was only the second time I've got wet in the last 3 months of 4 days a week of commuting. But I'm not bothered if the perception is that it always rains. The order book at work is booming, (waterproof clothing manufacturer). Long may it rain. :biggrin:

Top Bottom