It is Going To Happen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
It seems the day I get overtaken this year is getting closer and closer, bearing in mind Swindon does not have a lot of commuting road cyclists but it is increasing.
Last year I was only overtaken on the road by one cyclist, the super fast guy on the Bianchi on his TT bike.
I have seen a lot more bikes on the road this year and many more road bikes.
Almost overtaken by a full on all the trimmings roadie at lunchtime but I think I was harder work than he expected, with me dressed in civvies, on an old hybrid with panniers. I was enjoying the challenge until we went our separate ways at a junction, have been feeling very good the past few commute days. I only partake in silly commuter racing not stupid commuter racing and anything illegal or dangerous immediately invalidates the race.

I remember when super fast Bianchi guy overtook me, both times it spurred me on to ride more.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i havent been overtaken yet on the commute! when i do though its a roadie on his bianchi at the point i turn off the cycle track! is always fun though

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I get overtaken all the time. Doesn't bother me the slightest.
I no, sad really I should not even think about it.
Cycle commuting is my only exercise so meeting someone faster or similar kicks me out my lazy taking it to easy mode which I sometimes(often) drift into.

Top Bottom