It still amazes me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
I perplex myself even more by reflecting that on each revolution the pistons start from rest, accelerate to 100s of mph, decelerate to rest again...

Don't seem natural.

woohoo

Veteran
Mr Pig said:
I know how they work, but it still amazes me that airplanes stay up! And the wings don't snap off.

Are you sure?

Do you belong to the group that think the air molecules that go over the top of the wing go faster so that they can meet up with their mates at the other side (aka the sociable molecule theory) and the reduced pressure provides the lift or do you belong to the group that thinks the lift is due to action/reaction (the attack angle of the wing forces air molecules down which, in turn force the wing up)?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
woohoo said:
Are you sure?

Do you belong to the group that think the air molecules that go over the top of the wing go faster so that they can meet up with their mates at the other side (aka the sociable molecule theory) and the reduced pressure provides the lift or do you belong to the group that thinks the lift is due to action/reaction (the attack angle of the wing forces air molecules down which, in turn force the wing up)?

Both... belt and braces!

Top Bottom