Italian niceness...1980 Alan Super Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GGJ

GGJ

Veteran
Haha, thanks for the kind words everyone, I also hope it's sweat smokeysmoo :ohmy:

I posted this in another thread but will also post here to keep it all together as it's to do with the ALAN

This is a set of Mavic 500 hubs that I had built onto some NOS Mavic Open 4 CD rims last year for my ALAN

P1010409.jpg

These hubs take standard 7 speed blocks

19T-13 left and 21T-12 on the right
P1050481.jpg

This is the wheels built up
w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

and fitted with Maxxis C1115 tyres
P1050524.jpg

P1050523.jpg

P1050522.jpg

Will you stop it or I'm going to have to go for a lie down in a dark room :blush:

OP
OP
GGJ

GGJ

Veteran
Took the ALAN out of storage yesterday put some air in the tyres and went for a spin round the yard (that's about as far as my injury will allow) and then sat in the sunshine admiring it

ayceejay

Guru
I am sorry to hear that you are unwell perhaps you should think about giving up cycling and having that bike around will only tempt you to go out and this could make things worse for you. As a compassionate gesture, if you put it back in the box and send it to me I will pay half the postage. Let me know.

OP
OP
GGJ

GGJ

Veteran
Hmm, one want to pay half the postage costs, another wants to pay all the postage costs and have is legs amputated below the knees...

I'll have a think about it and let you both know

HovR

Über Member
Stunning, the metallic paint looks excellent! I'd love a lugged aluminium frame, spotted a tidy looking metallic deep purple Vitus for sale at Sherwood trail centre earlier this year, but the budget wouldn't allow it!

Reactions: GGJ
OP
OP
GGJ

GGJ

Veteran
I had a Vitus 979 Dural back in the 80s, lovely fast bike. It was kitted out with the Mavic SSC 7 speed groupset

Top Bottom