It's not always the car drivers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Batzman

Was cycling home this evening, in primary, doing about 18mph,

I was just coming up on a couple of kids on an MTB riding on the footpath (one kid doubling the other on his handlebars) when they swerved out off the footpath onto the road directly in front of me.

Had the bike hanging out sideways with the back wheel fully locked up trying to avoid them... fortunately I held it together, and (barely) missed them...

I think we all got a bit of a fright, and hopefully they learned not to ride into the road suddenly.

I guess you've got to be alert all of the time because the unexpected really can happen...

Night Train

Maker of Things
This is the sort of thing that many road users can easily forget about, observation and hazard perception. Good that you missed them, they may not have been so lucky had you been a bigger faster vehicle.

I remember coming close to being flattened by a van when I was a kid on a bike messing about. It was a really close thing and I am sure the van driver needed new underwear.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yep, i hate it when it happens. Only had it happen 2 times. First occasion i think the person was a druggy and he just poped off, gave him a ding on the bell and a thanks as i swerved around him.
The other time was a few days ago. He came off the pavement, then was woundering in the road, as i went to overtake he moved out to swing in left. I braked hard, back tyre slid out slightly then swerved straight around him and shouted watch it. He didnt seem bothered, he was going about 13mph i was doing about 20mph. I hate it when people swerve all over the place.:eek:

Top Bottom