I've got a problem with snapdo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Somehow this has turned up on my PC and doesn't appear in the control panel list of programs that can be uninstalled.

Has anyone got any experience of this, and how did you get rid of it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :smile:

avsd

Guru
Try Here https://community.mcafee.com/thread/53165
----------------
There is a comprehensive removal guide on the web here: http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-snap-do-and-search-snap-do-malware-from-your-c omputer-and-internet-browser/

Also look in the last link of my signature below.

Usually a quick method of getting out of sticky situations is to use System Restore to go back to before this all started. It can be initiated in Safe Mode if necessary.

Also you'll see there links to 3rd part tools.

In this case, and after you've tried what the above link suggests, I would run Malwarebytes Free and possibly Hijackthis to post a log on on the of the forums suggested there to make sure I'm clean.

Peter.gif

Toronto •Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
AVOID Registry Cleaners & Optimizers, a cause of many failures!!
Moderators Can't Help you via Private Message - Post A Thread!
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
Blank Security Center? Try the fixes HERE
Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Judging from his signature I couldn't even begin to have the same knowledge as avds but I've some personal experience with Conduit and another browser hijacker the name of which I have forgotten.

Both hijackers only went for Google Chrome presumably because that was the default browser.

I ran MSE and Malwarebytes in both standard and Safe Mode. Removed the software one of the hijackers arrived with, did a System Restore. None of these worked.

Realising Chrome was "infected" but IE was not I decided to uninstall Chrome completely. After doing this I rebooted and used IE to download and reinstall Chrome.

This solution worked immediately for the office machine which I had left running MSE and Malwarebytes for hours on the two modes.

On getting home I booted up the "infected" laptop, removed Chrome, reboot and reinstall

Both machines have been fine for two months or more.

I'm sure avds is giving good advice but five minutes spent uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome might be worth trying first. Make sure there are no unrecognised programmes installed first by looking in Control Panel

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
All sorted now, I think it arrived with a download of Gimp.

A big thanks to everyone, if we were inn the pub now I'd buy you all a pint. :smile:

avsd

Guru
Well done. Take a look at running McAfee's Stinger to check there is nothing else lurking when you get a chance

Top Bottom