I've got...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

One of Bradley Wiggins bidons:becool: Whilst I was handing in my marshalls hiviz tabbard, and collecting my ToB 'T', then making my way to the finish village in Victoria Park Newbury (at the end of yesterdays stage two from Milton-Keynes to Newbury).

My wife bless her, was chatting up Bradley Wiggins;) she got his autograph, photograph and three bidons one of which was still full of rego and is currently sat in my fridge door:becool: she gave the empties to her brother and his partner:sad:

In the evening I sat and watched ITV4 as the tour rode on some of my local club run roads...Fantastic:biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well done, A full bidon is a real treat as a memento. What difference to your sunday ride do you think it will make?

User259iroloboy said:
three bidons one of which was still full of rego and is currently sat in my fridge door:becool:

I hope you don't intend to drink this Rego Mortiroloboy!

Or worse keep it in the fridge for years, bringing it out once in a while to reminisce, whilst it putrefies! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Paulus said:
Well done, A full bidon is a real treat as a memento. What difference to your sunday ride do you think it will make?

Aha, I don't know whether to use it or just keep it as a souvenir, it doesn't match either bike, maybe I'll have to buy a Columbia High Road kit :tongue: but either way it is a real treat.

Lardyboy said:
I hope you don't intend to drink this Rego Mortiroloboy!

Or worse keep it in the fridge for years, bringing it out once in a while to reminisce, whilst it putrefies! :biggrin:

I don't want to pour it away:blush: maybe after the race is over:wacko:

Whilst watching the approach into the town on ITV4 i could see dozens of bottles being ditched along the Stockcross road, hmm... Maybe I'll take a ride out and see what I can find!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Uncle Mort said:
Result! Ebay beckons!

Not a chance, this baby ain't never going on the bay.
bradleywigginsbidon002zj5.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

:biggrin: No, the pros mark their bottles so that when they get handed out from the team car, they get the one they need/want, every rider has his/her preference for what goes in the bottle, just cos it says powerbar on the bottle, doesn't mean it has a powerbar product inside. so no doubt in the Columbia car there were bottles with 'H' on for Hammond 'K' for Kirchen, 'W' for Wiggins and a few more for people we've never heard of;)

Anyway I'm really chuffed to have got one of Brads Bidons, which is probably really sad, but I don't give a flying f*ck:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think it's pretty exciting too!!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Cathryn said:
I think it's pretty exciting too!!

:biggrin: Thanks Cathryn, I know it's only a silly little thing, and normally a discarded riders bidon wouldn't seem like much, but well, it was the ToB finishing in my town, I was Marshalling, my wife made the effort to approach Him and ask for his autograph, and got the bottles as used by a real life double gold medal winning Olympic cyclist... pretty cool I think:biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Coolio.

I have a High Road musette and Bidon (eBay purchase though, not a nice pressie like yours). Mine is marked with what I thought was a green X, but is probably more likely a K, thinking about it.

It's a shame I'm too unfit and sweaty to manage without the 250ml extra of a non team bidon though :tongue:

Top Bottom