I've just had a meal ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
... of pasta (which was fine) and cockles done in green pesto. My advice is to stick to cockles out of jars of brine.

Any other bad culinary ideas? Stick 'em here for the benefit of mankind.

I should add that I cooked it myself and so am solely to blame.

Don't stray too far from a toilet in the next few hours! ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Tripe a la mode de caen
Tripe and onions.
Tripe in any form whatsoever. There's tastier bits of a cow (or whatever animal tripe comes from).

wafflycat

Anything involving tripe
Anything involving aubergine
Anything involving octopus or squid
Anything involving trotters, heel, snout, eyes, tongue, brain, hoof, toe, anus, spinal cord, spit

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The weirdly antiseptic-tasting cheese'n'potato bake my ex made for me in the early days of wedded bliss. She'd misunderstood the line in the recipe which said, "Garlic, 2 cloves" :sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
And then, after I nearly threw up on the first mouthful, she'd tried to fix the vile clove flavouring by pouring in some fresh orange xx(xx(:sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
Roast chicken is delicious. We can get at least three meals each, plus some sandwiches, out of our Sunday roast. Calves' liver, properly cooked (ie flash fried in a very hot pan) is really good too.
+1 :biggrin:

Andy in Sig said:
... of pasta (which was fine) and cockles done in green pesto. My advice is to stick to cockles out of jars of brine.

Any other bad culinary ideas? Stick 'em here for the benefit of mankind.

I should add that I cooked it myself and so am solely to blame.

Try and use fresh cockles if you can, they are so much tastier.

Made pork fillets with a pesto filling, wrapped in parma ham. Accompanied with apricot, red pepper and chilli couscous tonight for dinner. Very nice!

Top Bottom