iWoc button holder replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iraform

This is my first post here and I'm hoping I can get some help from those smarter about bikes than me.

Having a problem replacing the button holder for the top tube controller for my Mahle X35 bike motor (Cannondale SuperSix EVO Neo). It should be an easy fix, but I can't seem to separate the button holder from the button/controller. I saw a YouTube video that showed someone simply twisting it off, but mine is stuck and I'm worried I'm going to break it - something I'm very good at. In the video, it appears he turns the button holder to the right to twist it off, but here in the US you almost always turn to the left to loosen. I don't want to crank on it and end up tightening it even more rather than loosening it. Does anyone have experience with this?

CXRAndy

Guru
You need to post some photos explaining which parts won't come apart

OP
OP
I

iraform

Here are photos of the piece I'm talking about. I used some penetrating oil, but it's still stuck. I'm thinking I may need to break the button holder to get it off.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpeg
    IMG_2079.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 35

CXRAndy

Guru
It looks threaded into the broken top plate.

If it's super tight and won't undo.

Id use either a Dremel or small junior hack saw. Carefully cut a slot through the top mount plate. This will release the tightness

OP
OP
I

iraform

That's a good idea. Hoping not to have to do surgery, but I don't see a choice. Thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom