Jeremy Vine calls for drivers to be banned from overtaking cyclists in cities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He has a point - sort of - when there is a lot of congestion
But at some time and in some cities then the cars can move quite quickly with no problems - OK that might be at 2 in the morning but telling cars they have to remain behind Doris on ther shopper bike (with basket on the front) while she is doing 6 mph while they are on a wide 30 mph road with no traffic - is not going to go down well

I bet that even in London there are times when cars move at a speed greater than the slower cyclists (like Doris above)

Vine can be a total knob at times! (In my opinion anyway)

Baldy

Über Member
Vine can be a total knob at times! (In my opinion anyway)

Vine is a total knob all the time.

I actually don't want cars sitting behind me as I struggle up hill, I just want them to pass me safely. I don't want to hold anyone up the trouble only comes when people can't be bothered to read the road and wait until there's room to get by.

Slick

Guru
I think his comments are more tongue in cheek, reflecting motorists common opinion back on themselves.

Fair enough if you ask me.

dicko

Guru
It’s on the cards in Scotland that if drivers injured pedestrians and cyclists or other vulnerable road users they may find themselves in a Scottish prison for a considerable length of time. This was featured on the BBC news website last week as laws in Scotland regarding motorists are going to be considerable tougher.

straas

Matt
Do you think vine ever lies in bed drifting off to sleep, then suddenly realises he's likely initiated real life road rage situations with his divisive drivel?

Do you think vine ever lies in bed drifting off to sleep, then suddenly realises he's likely initiated real life road rage situations with his divisive drivel?

Nope - I think he thinks that people who do not agree with him are just wrong so their opinion doesn't matter

Top Bottom